INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to current legislation on the protection of personal data, with particular reference to art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (‘GDPR’) and Legislative Decree 196/2003 and subsequent amendments (overall, the ‘Privacy Law’), CONAD – Consorzio Nazionale Retailanti Soc. Coop., as data controller (‘CONAD’ or ‘Data Controller’), intends to inform anyone who registers (‘Participant ‘) to the prize competition called Conad Jazz Contest (‘Contest’), through this website www.conadjazzcontest.it (‘Site’), regarding the methods and purposes of the processing of personal data, released during registration or collected on the occasion of the finalists’ participation in the Umbria Jazz Festival, scheduled from 8 to 17 July 2022.
Any updates to the information will be readily available in the appropriate section of the Site.
1.Personal data processed
CONAD will collect some personal data of the Participants, through the appropriate registration form on the Site, including in particular:
• personal data (name and surname, place and date of birth, citizenship and residence of the Participant and/or of each member of the group);
• contact details (to be used in case of victory, i.e. name and surname, telephone number and email address of the contact person);
• photo of the individual Participant or of the group – without prejudice to the need to receive authorization according to what is indicated in the specific release (available here).
It is emphasized that the photos of the Participant or of the group will be published exclusively on the Website and on CONAD’s other official online and social channels (‘Digital Channels’), for the purposes better described in Par. 2.
Only in case of winning the Competition, CONAD will also collect:
• copy of the identity document of the Participant and of each component;
• a short bio/CV.
It is understood that the Participant who, acting on behalf of the other members of a group, registers the latter on the Site and provides the information of the contact person, where different from the Participant and/or a member of the group, in the manner prescribed by the Competition regulations (‘Regulations’), available at the following link, will act as independent data controller in relation to the provision of personal data of such other components.
2. Purposes and legal bases of the treatment
The provision of personal data is strictly necessary for participation in the Competition, with the consequence that, in the event of refusal, CONAD will not be able to allow entry to the same.
The legal basis of the processing, therefore, must be identified in the need to implement the Regulations, first allowing registration and then participation in the Competition, as well as carrying out all connected operations (including voting), pursuant to of the Art. 6.1, lett. b) of the GDPR.
The publication of the images on CONAD’s digital channels will take place, in the event of selection of the Participant and/or group among the 10 finalists, on the obvious condition that a specific specific authorization has been issued (link), on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Owner, pursuant to Art. 6, letter. f) of the GDPR.
The personal data provided by the Participant during registration, relating to each member of the group and/or to the contact person indicated in the registration form, may also be processed by the Data Controller for the purposes listed below:
• sending of service communications connected to the Competition, pursuant to Art. 6.1, lett. b) of the GDPR;
• fulfillment of legal obligations applicable to the Data Controller or orders from competent authorities, pursuant to Art. 6.1, lett. c) of the GDPR;
• defense or exercise in court of the rights of the Data Controller, pursuant to Art. 6.1, lett. f) of the GDPR.
3. Method of treatment
The processing of personal data will be carried out, according to the principles of correctness, loyalty and transparency, through both electronic and manual tools, constantly under the supervision of suitable measures to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data, in full compliance with current legislation, above all in order to reduce the risks of accidental or illegal destruction, loss, modification or unauthorized disclosure or access to the data processed.
4.Who will process the data
Personal data will be processed exclusively by CONAD employees duly authorized in writing and instructed on the security levels necessary to ensure adequate data protection.
Any subject who, due to the provision of support services or services connected to the Competition, will be able to access and process data on behalf of CONAD (e.g. Promote Srl and Mumble Srl), will act by virtue of specific agreements entered into with the Data Controller as data controller pursuant to Art. 28 of the GDPR.
It is understood that the data may be communicated to independent third party owners, such as, by way of example, the organizers of the Umbria Jazz Festival on the basis of the legitimate interest of the latter to plan the lineup of the artists who will perform during the festival, or to Judicial Authorities and other competent authorities, to fulfill legal obligations and/or their requests and orders.
5.Transfer of data abroad
The processing activities will take place exclusively within the European Economic Area. Participants’ data will therefore not be transferred to third countries.
6. Storage times
CONAD will process and store personal data only for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes indicated above. In particular:
• the data collected through the registration form will be kept for the time necessary for the organization and management of the Competition and will be canceled immediately at the end of the same;
• any photos and images collected during the Competition will be kept for a period of time not exceeding 12 months, however remaining published on the CONAD digital channels for potentially longer periods.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, the data will be kept by the Data Controller even for longer periods, if this is required by law or by provisions issued by the competent authorities, as well as to allow the Data Controller to ascertain, exercise or defend its right in court.
The Participant may exercise the rights granted to him at any time by requesting:
• confirmation of the existence or not of personal data concerning him, receiving communication in an intelligible form, together with the indication, if requested, of the purposes of the processing, of the categories of personal data in question, of the recipients to whom the data may be communicated, the retention period, your rights and the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling;
• updating and rectification of your data without unjustified delay;
• the cancellation of your data, in the cases provided for by Art. 17 of the GDPR;
• the limitation of the treatment – i.e. a temporary block – where one of the circumstances referred to in Art. 18 of the GDPR;
• to oppose the treatments carried out by the Data Controller by virtue of his legitimate interest;
• the portability of the data, receiving a copy in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device, being able to transmit such data to another data controller without impediments by CONAD.
• The Participant also has the right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor Authority for the protection of personal data at any time, if he believes that the treatments carried out by CONAD violate the Privacy Law.
8. Owner’s contact details
The Data Controller is CONAD – National Consortium of Cooperative Retailers, with registered office in Bologna (BO), Via Michelino n. 59, tax code and n. Company Register 00865960157, VAT number 03320960374.
To exercise the rights mentioned above and for any further information relating to the processing of personal data described in this statement, it is possible to contact the Data Protection Officer of CONAD at any time, at the following email address electronic: [email protected].
Do you have any doubts? Consult the FAQ or write to us using the form below.